6.04.2014

It's been a while...

So, it's been a while.  A long, long while.  Life has been crazy - school with end-of-the-year activities, assessments (ugh), and organizing, and home with baseball, baseball, and ---baseball.  If we're not at the field, we are watching the Yankees at home, or playing baseball in the yard.
My class is wrapping up our final 14 days together.  June is always bittersweet for me. I am so ready for the summer, but by this point, the class is functioning so well together - they know the routines, are aware of the expectations, and have become a true "family." I will miss so many of them and their funny personalities.
We are working through our plant unit in science, our fables & tall tales unit in reading, and are finally illustrating our realistic fiction pieces.  The class worked so hard on their drafts, editing, and revising.  I didn't want to make them re-write everything (some of them well over 10 pages), so I asked my students' families to do some typing.  They were happy to do so (and quick!) so I am really excited about their published pieces.
Check back next week as we move into CAMP LEARN-A-LOT1




No comments:

Post a Comment