4.10.2014

#Mystery Skype….Mystery Solved!

Today we had our first "Mystery Skype."  I heard about this from a co-worker who was taking a class with a tech guru….basically, you connect on Twitter with another classroom somewhere in the country and set a date/time to Skype.  Through the wonders of technology, the classes meet and try to solve the mystery of where the other class is.  It all came together today at 2:00pm (our time---because time zones matter in an activity like this!).  We had greeters, note-takers, mappers, questioners, answerers, and even "photographers" who documented everything for us.  It took my second graders just seven questions to determine that the other class was in Indiana (which is the same time zone as NY…..who knew!?)  Then, it was our turn to answer and the Indiana class was excited to discover that we reside in the same state as "The Big Apple."  I was so proud of my class for their know-how and so proud to be part of a school that is investing in technology so that these kinds of activities can take place.  We do it all over again tomorrow afternoon….can't wait!  Here are a few pics from the Mystery Skype!




1 comment:

  1. So cool! Never heard of this. I want to give this a try! I'm so glad we have found each other's blogs/Facebook b/c I love seeing what your doing with iPads!! :)

    ReplyDelete